Little Booty Shakers Tom/Snare Isolation Mounts
Booty Shakers tom/snare isolation mounts, three-pack (enough for one snare basket), made in USA by San Diego's TNR Products.
If you use a snare stand to mount your rack tom, you've got a problem. Snare stands offer great positioning options on a standard one-up setup, but you lose a lot of sustain, attack, low-end and tone from your drum, as a lot of the energy of your initial hit is transferred through the drum to the basket and then down to the ground. Little Booty Shakers are a perfectly simple solution. Attach these little guys to your stand, and boom... instantly, there's the attack, rumble and sustain you were missing. The natural tone of your drum is restored; you get a heap of extra low-end frequencies, more attack and volume, and you can tune the sustain to exactly where you want it. They're easy to attach via velcro and won't fall off, and they're small and subtle enough to not really be noticeable from a metre away. The difference is amazing; this has got to be the cheapest tone-hack going around! On a snare, you get the same effect; enhanced lows, natural sustain... it's especially handy on a deeper snare to bring out the character. Pictured here with a 12" rack tom and a 14x5" snare.
There's a heap more technical info and a really good video demo here. Yes, they work just as well in real life as in the video!
** Free postage within Australia! **
TNR Products, the company behind Booty Shakers say:
Little Booty Shakers are applied to a snare drum stand (used with a snare or small tom), with the same principles as our Original Booty Shakers:
* Isolate the drum so that it creates the best sound possible.
* Make the product fit on any brand.
* Make it simple to apply; no tools or modifications to your drums.
* Make it durable to last.
* Make it super affordable even though it’s a pro-level product.
Our customers agree that Little Booty Shakers:
* Improve the volume and projection of any snare drum or rack tom
* Prevent premature sound decay created by your drums contact with the stand
* No choke! Eliminate ugly mid range build up and allow even order harmonics
* Create better stick rebound and feel from your snare drum or rack tom by absorbing the shock between your drum and its stand
* Increase the low end response and resonance from your rack tom or snare