Booty Shakers floor tom isolation mounts, three-pack (to isolate one floor tom), made in USA by San Diego's TNR Products.
Have you ever loaded your drums into a venue, hit your floor tom during setup, and instantly said to yourself 'ugh... where is the tone?' When you hit your floor tom, a lot of the energy from the initial strike is transferred through the drum to the ground, so unless it's properly isolated, you're losing a lot of the natural volume, bass and sustain of your drum. Using carpet/rugs etc can help, but results are going to vary significantly depending on the stage/room/floor you're on... enter Booty Shakers. These little 'booties' for your floor tom feet are made of two different foams, with a firm disc in the middle for stability. These isolate your drum from the ground, creating a 'free floating' sound without sacrificing the practicality of floor tom legs. The results are instant and amazing: you instantly get more attack and volume, the missing sustain is suddenly there, and the natural lows you may have never heard from your drums are present in spades. It's a dramatic improvement; every single drummer and sound engineer we've shown these to has been very impressed. There's other isolation feet for toms on the market, but these are absolutely the best thing on the market to bring your floor tom to life.
There's a heap more technical info and a really good video demo here. Yes, they work just as well in real life as in the video!
** Free postage within Australia! **
TNR Products, the company behind Booty Shakers say:
Original Booty Shakers are foam floater “booties” that slip onto the legs of any brand floor tom. We make all our products with these principles:
* Isolate the drum so that it creates the best sound possible.
* Make the product fit on any brand.
* Make it simple to apply; no tools or modifications to your drums.
* Make it durable to last.
* Make it super affordable even though it’s a pro-level product.
Our customers agree that Original Booty Shakers:
* Improve volume and projection of your floor tom and prevent premature sound decay
* Eliminate the transfer of vibrations from your floor tom to the floor (which chokes sustain and sound) and absorb shock for better stick rebound and floor tom sound
* Increase dynamic range and response of your drum allowing you to you hear the best sound from your tom and the lowest fundamental note it can produce
* Note: Use in combination with a drum dampener for a dry drum sound while still maintaining low end frequencies and rich, natural sound.